Goal of the “Buy Gibson City” program:
To help our local businesses and the jobs they provide, encourage all consumers to spend their money in Gibson City and increase sales tax revenue. This program is an investment in our local community.
“Buy Gibson City” program rules:
Beginning May 1, 2012, purchase one item per household at $100.00 or more and pay 6.25% sales tax (minimum expenditure of $106.25 including sales tax) and receive $100.00 in Gibson Area Chamber of Commerce “Gibson Bucks” to be spent at any participating businesses by September 31, 2012.
Essay contest rules:
· Must be a GCMS High School student 16 years of age or older
· Topic is “Why buy local?”
· One page maximum
· Essay must be typed
· Deadline is Friday, April 20th.
· Winner chosen by the Gibson Area Chamber Of Commerce Board
· Prize is $100 in Gibson Bucks
*** Completed essays should be turned in to the office at the High School no later than Friday, April 20, 2012 and will be picked up weekly. Please be sure to put your name on the essay when completed.